BEFORE/AFTER SNAP SHOTS OF REBRAND
- building signage and campus way finding
- customizable print collateral
- complete overhaul of old, fixed width site to a responsive web design
- rebrand of bi-annual magazine that better represents and communicates magazine content
- public-facing newsletter converted from an outdated system to a responsive email marketing platform
- Dated brand/visual identity.
- Unclear mission, vision and brand.
- Communication and fundraising historically not a priority.
- Bring the brand wholly into the present, and make it enduring.
- Elevate the brand voice and bring clarity to its message.
- Cultivate inclusive organizational and outward-facing communications.
WHO IS SCRIPPS RESEARCH?
- Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. (Nature Index) La Jolla, CA and Jupiter, FL campuses.
- Top 10 graduate program in biology and chemistry for 19 consecutive years. (U.S. News & World Report)
- Translation components (Calibr and Scripps Research Translational Institute) that help accelerate drugs to patients.
Over the course of four weeks, in partnership with Made By Grizzly, branding agency, we conducted an in-depth discovery process with the goal of deeply understanding the brand and its current challenges and defining clear opportunities. Through the findings from creative workshops, key stakeholder interviews and three multidisciplinary focus groups, our teams clarified who Scripps Research is through a distinctive visual identity and key messaging. We created an effective brand architecture to represent the brand with consistency.
“A good logo should give the pleasure of recognition and the promise of meaning.” – Paul Rand
- Continue to build awareness and coverage of Scripps Research by national and local media.
- Expand coverage in biopharma and philanthropy press.
- Grow broadcast media coverage in California and Florida.
- Develop compelling brand-aligned content for owned media channels.(Social media, email newsletters, website, magazine, proposals, presentations, swag etc.)
- Deploy paid media (advertising) campaigns targeted to audiences critical to specific business goals. (Business development, philanthropy, etc.)